7 April 2013

Dauphinoise Potatoes

If you love a good old creamy dish, this is for you. So recently I used some double cream to make a dish and had a whole lot left over. Thankfully, I also had some potatoes. So I decided to experiment on this French cuisine. It is so easy to make and takes about an hour to prepare with the least number of ingredients.
*THE INGREDIENTS 

Bag of potatoes [depending on the number of people you plan to feed] / Salt to taste / Black Pepper / Double Cream / Garlic clove or paste.
*THE PROCESS
Cut the potatoes thinly and place in water as you cut
Lay the potatoes in a mixing bowl without the water
Crush and mix the garlic into the potatoes
Dash salt and pepper and mix
Place the mixture onto a baking tray/casserole and pour cream over it
Ensure that the potatoes are lying flat on top of each other
Place your casserole into the oven to bake
Once you have a golden top and the potatoes have softened, you are ready to feast.
Let me know if you loved the taste of this dish as much as I did.

Xx.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful recipe...I like your blog.^^
    maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nessa, thanks for the comment. My 1st comment...yay. Let me follow you back.X

      Delete
  2. Cant wait to have these! miss_soapy.. loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. El you cook..hmm looks yummy. how long did you let them cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I do. Once the top starts to brown, pierce the potatoes to check whether they are ready.

      Delete